Thursday, March 19, 2009

Viva Bavaria! Back home to Bayern :)

I'd like to apologize for not having wrote a new blog in quite some time. I guess I've felt that I'm really getting into the swing of things here, and that my day-to-day life isn't quite exciting enough to ramble on to you all about.

But that said, keep tuning in, as that should change over the weekend. It is actually just after 7 A.M. Vienna time on Friday morning, and I am ready earlier-than-expected to catch an 8:20 train to Munich for the weekend. Joining me is Morgan (a new and awesome friend from my residence here, who is a native New Yorker on exchange at the University of Vienna). In Munich we will be meeting up with Kim, a friend who lived with me first-year in South Res at Guelph, and is now on exchange in Innsbruck, Austria. (Lucky for Kim, the train ride to Munich is only 1.5 hours or so..for Morgan and I it'll be 4 hours..definitely hoping to catch some Zzz's!)

For those of you who don't already know, my year-long Rotary Exchange three years ago was actually to a small town only about an hour or so from Munich. It might seem strange to some that I have not chosen to embark on a new European destination for the weekened, but for me, a part of me really feels like I am "going home". I am also delighted to have the opportunity to introduce some new (and old!) friends to the Bavarian culture and folklore which I have so missed. Already my mouth is watering at the though of delicious Pretzels, Sausage and my very favourite Bavarian beer - "Augustiner" - which is brewed right in Munich.

Have a great weekend,
and expect a new update soon :).

No comments:

Post a Comment